Thursday, February 16, 2006

Writer's Block = Game Show Host in Your Living Room

I wish, I wish, I wish I had something interesting to write about tonight. Wouldn't you know I have writer's block the week of the big Blog Awards over at One Woman's World? Seems my luck is holding.

I spent today cleaning the kitchen, bleaching sinks, sweeping floors, cleaning out closets and hutches, dislodging hardened Play-Doh from forgotten toys, and laundry. Mounds and mounds of laundry. As I'm doing all these "mommy" chores I'm thinking about the "Million Dollar" meme I've seen on some sites. Picture this:

Wink Martindale is suddenly in my living room standing over me as I break my back to get that last line of dirt into the dustpan--you know the one. You sweep it into the dustpan, move the pan, sweep it in again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back to Wink: Chilihead! What would you do with one million dollars? Well, Wink, I'd hire a house manager or lure Matt Damon into my smallish walk-in closet.

I need a house manager because I don't just want someone to come clean my floors and toilets, I want someone to make sure we have groceries, do the laundry and put it away, and pick up after me. Oh wait. That sounds a lot like what I do. I guess I just want a mommy that will go home at the end of the day and let me enjoy the best parts of my life without all the drudgery. How's that for reasonable? Does a million dollars buy that these days?

8 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I hear you. I tell my Hubs sometimes that I think I need a wife.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Wow... sounds like you were busy and got a lot done today. Can you head to my house next?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I need a wife too. Somebody who will do all that drugdery for me.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Pam said...

This isn't writer's block! This is just our lives when we walk away from the computer. Congrats on being so industrious and taking good care of your family. Kudos to you today!!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Amen sister, you think a million dollars would buy you a mommy?

How I wish it would.

These days, a million dollars doesn't buy much, though.

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think Matt Damon would be lured by a mere million dollars. Now, Wink Martindale might be a possibility.

(Insert highly inappropriate "come on down" joke here.)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Joe, you are bad! But funny.

Ladies, I KNEW you'd know what I meant.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

If you find out where to get one, please let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home