Monday, February 13, 2006

Spin Art Valentines

As usual, I was caught off guard by the fact that Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. I realized at 4:00 this afternoon that we did not have any cards for the school parties tomorrow. What’s a mother to do? Why, pull out the spin art, of course. So here are the fruits of our labors:

valentine_spinart


My kids lu-huv the spin art. They would do it for hours at a time if I would let them. The designs are awesome and the kids really feel like no matter what they make it’s amazing. They are right. There are no mistakes in spin art and everything they make is amazing. It is so much fun to find the true design of their art. Sometimes it is a peacock, a heart, or an eye. Sometimes it’s just the way the colors blend together. Listening to them compliment each other and try to “see” the finished product is interesting--a glimpse into their little minds.

Don’t forget to vote on the post below. Which one of those “lies” is true?

6 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

THANK YOU! Nice to know I'm not the only mom who walked through the door saying, "You need WHAT for school tomorrow?". Ours are printing off the computer as I am typing this and DH is out buying candy to tape on them quick. You know what they say... misery loves company. Thanks for being a last minute Valentine maker with me, and sharing about it!! :-)

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Pam said...

You are an awesome mom. You actually made me re-think the whole spin art thing. Maybe I'll drag ours down from the high altitude regions of my closet so my kids can be "amazing" and creative like yours. ; ) They look beautiful, BTW.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spin art valentines are a great idea. When my girls get a little older I will have to try that!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Cute Valentines! What a great idea.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Rachelle said...

So freaking awesome! I love those Valentines. Very creative.

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're tweaking your site, aren't you? I can tell. Love the new fonts on the headers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home