Monday, February 13, 2006

The True or False Meme

I'm sure anyone who's reading me has been to DYM and Rocks to see the T/F Meme. It's hilarious and I encourage you all to do one and let me know so I can check it out. Here are the rules:

Write five things about yourself with only ONE of them being true. The other four are fiction, and everyone else gets to guess which one is not fiction.

1. I scored tickets to David Letterman (it was absolutely freezing in there; if you go, I suggest you take your coat) and was chosen to answer various questions when he came into the audience. He made fun of me for being from Oklahoma then asked me some questions. I won a steak dinner for two, but I had to give it away because we were leaving in the morning.

2. I had a chance to be state champion in all of following: vault (gymnastics), floor exercises (gymnastics), diving. Instead of competing I quit the gymnastics team and ditched the diving competition for a date.

3. I spent a day in a California jail because of a jay-walking ticket.

4. On a trip to LA for an internet conference I went into The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to get some iced tea and I accidentally bumped into someone and spilled their coffee. That someone was Anthony Edwards from ER and Top Gun fame. Of course, I never get to see the really famous ones. Why couldn’t I have tripped and fallen straight into Paul Newman’s lap? Now that’s worth writin’ home about.

5. I spent my college summers bartending at various resort towns up and down the eastern seaboard. I’m telling you, you haven’t lived until you’ve seen frat boys do a little something called a “butt funnel”. Ewww.

15 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Hmmmmno clue at all, but I will guess #4.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I'm going with #3 because it is the shortest.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger ShelahBooksIt said...

I'm guessing #4 because I have a secret crush on AE.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Heth said...

I'm guessing #1 because I have a secret crush on David Letterman. Wait, no I don't, but I'm still guessing number 1.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Pam said...

They all sound great, and as Shannon said, very specific. I think I'll go with #1.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger mommy to six J's said...

I'm guessing number 4.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Isabella said...

Wow. That is really hard. They are all very convincing. I guess I'm going to go with...#4
--Mel

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Ummm... let's see.... #1?

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...guessing #1.

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm delurking, and I guess #4. :-)

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Randi said...

I guess #4! I was going to say #3 but I don't think the Cali jails are big enough to hold jaywalkers!

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess #1.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger GiBee said...

I'm frightened by #5, so I'm just going to stay far, far away from that one.

I'll guess #4 is true.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Goslyn said...

I'm going to guess #4 too. When do we get to find out the correct answer??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home