Monday, January 30, 2006

New Look & Name; Nice Cones; Digging Yourself Into a Hole

New Look & Name


I have decided to go with Don't Try This at Home. Thank you to every single one of you for helping me with this decision. I'm very happy with how things have turned out. Now I just have to go back and change all my links on webrings and everything else. Doesn't that sound like SOOOOOO much FUN?

Nice Cones


My son's math homework tonight called for him to find three real-life instances of geometric shapes. For the most part it wasn't too bad. When we got to cones, though, I was madly looking around trying find something, anything. He and I finally came up with these three things: icing tips, a vase, and (guess who found this one?) martini glasses. Do you think his teacher is going to call me? And what on earth will I say if she does?

Digging Yourself Into a Hole


Finally, a friend sent me this link today and I thought you and your kiddos may find it interesting. Please let me know if you land anywhere besides the Indian Ocean. That seems to be the only place I can dig to. Check it out: http://www.digholes.com

9 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Like the new name, and the new look. Fun fun.

Martini glasses on a homework assignment. Should be interesting!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Ortensia Norton said...

I love the new look and title! Don't thry this at home is hillarious! Speaks volumes.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Congrats on the new name and new look! It does look fantastic. So clean and bright -- like my laundry used to look . . . before my son.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I don't know what the old design looked like, but this looks great. I also love the title.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

On the cone thing: better you sent those in, than a sample of Madonna's famous bra-worn-on-the-outside....eeek!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Heth said...

I have to admit, when you said nice cones my mind went straight to the gutter and I was thinking what Barb was thinking: Madonna and her dangerously pointy "you know whats".

The new look is great and I love the name. Congrats!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Isabella said...

Love the new look and name. As for Dig Holes--what will they think of next!? Sadly, I end up in the middle of the ocean. At least their site has saved me the trouble of digging a useless hole to nowhere.

--Melanie

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks peachy keen! Did you pen the graphic yourself?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

No, Joe, I didn't pen the graphic. I could never do something that great. Thanks for the title, though. I'm really happy with the whole thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home