Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Girls Day

The men are off playing golf today so Munchkin and I have a few hours to ourselves. Our plans are minimal, but will be fun for us. We are having a quick lunch at home, then to Build-A-Bear to squander $10 of Munchkin-earned money. After that we will probably stop for an Orange Julius. We also have to make a stop to sign up my son for baseball. After that we are going to Wal-Mart to buy a full size mirror for the back of Munchkin's door. That way she can watch herself dance and do tricks. Don't ask. If all goes well, we'll be home in time to give each other manicures. You have not lived until you've had a manicure by a 5yo. LOL.

Edit: Sweet Success!

We are back from our little shopping spree. Munchkin chose to spend seven of her hard-earned dollars on this:

She named her new prize Pinky. It's right in line with the other names she's given various subjects of her managerie: Valentine for the cat she received last Valentine's Day, Builda for the unicorn she saved up for and bought at Build-A-Bear.

She also chose to spend another two dollars to help pay for an Orange Julius treat--with no prodding from me! She said, "I just thought it would be nice to contribute. We are sharing."

After the mall it was off to Kohl's where I purchased the most unlikely thing for me ever: red boots. But I love them and I actually have two red sweaters and a skirt I can wear them with. (That's assuming I can sit mostly; did you see the heels on those things?)
boots1


Finally, before we left I found a pair of rain/snow boots that are perfect for Munchkin. Who says boots have to be all function and no fashion (certainly not me if I buy something like the above)? Here are Munchkin's new boots:
rain boots

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but they are black patent leather (or something like it). They are lined and fuzzy inside so they are warm. Of course, this year we've hardly been below 50F so we may not make use of them until next year. Good thing I bought them a little big.

3 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Pam said...

I have always wanted red boots -- not with the great, sexy heels--but red boots are a wonderful pick-me-up. Glad you had such a great time with your Munchkin. We have the grown up Pinky at our house. Her name is Prissy, and my Sweetcheeks sleeps with her in her frou frou bed every night.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Love the red boots. I have a favorite pair of red shoes, but I've had trouble finding red shoe polish to keep them looking nice. If you can find some, snag it before they get all scratched up.

Or maybe I'm the only one with shoe-scratching issues.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Heth said...

You better lock those boots up, I'm going to steal them.

LOVE THEM!

Sounds like you had a great girls day out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home