Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Ever Popular Birthday Cone


Munchkin and I made birthday cake cones for my son's birthday today. Overall, it was just another opportunity for me see that I am truly kitchen retarded. I let Munchkin put all the ingredients into the bowl and let her help turn the mixer on. So far, so good. Then the batter looks very thick. Crap. I forgot to put the water in. I gave Munchkin the eggs, the mix, and the vegetable oil, but not the water. So I quickly add the water and it's just not quite right. By now you know my mantra: It's still good. I salvage what I can and pour the batter into the cake cones and bake those babies up. Here's what they look like (after Munchkin frosted them):



They taste OK. That stuff you see sort of hanging off the cones in waves is the spill over. Quite decorative, actually. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Heth said...

They are so messy to make, but so yummie to eat. Can I have one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home