Monday, January 16, 2006

Coming Down Off the High

Well, now that I've achieved my first major victory (see post below), I've been working on tweaking the colors of my template. You can see the new colors at my test site. I'd be interested to know what you think. What I'd really like is something like Suburban Turmoil, but since that's taken I guess I'll muddle my way through.

The problem I'm having is that my site is becoming a little "pretty" if you know what I mean. Those of you who know me in real life may understand a little better. I like pretty and I appreciate beauty. However, my personality is a bit more...how should I put this? Oh, right. I'm a smart aleck (is that how it's spelled?). I've been called "surly but in a good way". When my friend and I were both about 8 or 9 months pregnant we went to the mall. Everyone we met had to touch her belly and comment on how huge she was, was she having twins (she wasn't), and other ridiculous things. NO ONE EVER EVEN TRIED TO TOUCH ME. I chalk that up to my "look" (which, apparently, is just my face in repose). So there is my dilemma. I feel like my site is getting a little too Precious Moments for my real personality. I like my quote and I like my picture, I'm just not sure I want to use them as my banner. Comments? Help? Anyone? Bueller?

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Though I don't know you personally--the mauve-ish look you've got going on doesn't seem to be what you're after. In the other post, you'd mentioned blue/green, which I think might be great with the graphics and not be so "foo foo". Just my 2 cents worth, I guess : ) Love what you've done with it in such a short time. Lead me to the tutorials, please!! I'm covetous, oops, that's not good. I just really, really want to do something cool, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home