Thursday, January 12, 2006

THIS is why I love being a mom

Every morning my children come down to snuggle with me before we start our day. Today it was just the munchkin and me because the eldest (I really have to come up with a better name) was too busy playing video games.

Munchkin crawled up into bed and declared that she MUST collect something. I asked her what she wanted to collect and this is how our conversation went:

Munchkin: I don't know what to collect. What do people collect?
Me: Well, it should be something that you love. When you look at it, it will make you happy. What do you love?
Munchkin (after thinking for just a second): Well, YOU. I love you. And when I look at you I'm happy all over.

I swear I'm not embellishing. She then proceded to hug the life out of me. If this is any indicator of my day, bring it on!

7 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger Heth said...

Precious.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet!

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger hannahjoy said...

that is so cute...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Goslyn said...

Wow, I hope I am so lucky someday.

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! how precious is that! just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reading your blog! I stumbled across it when I was searching for other Oklahoma blogs... would like to share mine with you!
http://happeningsdownattheiveyranch.blogspot.com/
this is so fun!!!!
look forward to getting to know you!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to be a mom soon and can't wait for that unconditional love! Came by a link...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home