Sunday, January 08, 2006

I'm Goin' Meme Crazy!

Edit: I was just looking over my post and I realized I only put 5 things instead of 7. Doh. Let's see if I can fix that...

I've always been morbidly fascinated with what is apparently called a meme (though I just used to refer to them as "questions about you"). Now that I'm finding my blog groove, I'm in meme heaven. Bear with me while I ride out this wave and get it out of my system. And, of course, feel free to jump right in! I love to learn about other people.

Seven things I plan to do before I die:
This is a hard one for me. My chemical imbalance is off just enough for me to think that if I make this list, I may actually die.
1. Visit Europe for several months at a time
2. Take my kids to the ocean
3. Visit NYC at Christmas time
4. Have healthy, happy, well-adjusted adult children. You know what I mean. (inspired by Brooke, I mean Shannon)
5. Have my grandkids on overnights (but NOT before my kids are of age and married for five years)
6. Own my own business and not get bored with it (also inspired by Shannon)
7. I don't know. This is hard for me! I mostly just want to travel the world.

Seven things I can do:
1. Intimidate people with my face in repose (not necessarily a good thing)-- thus the name Surly Mom.
2. Surf
3. Make people laugh
4. Wiggle my ears
5. Raise my left eyebrow
6. Sleep ALL day
7. Watch back-to-back-to-back movies and not be bored or antsy

Seven things I can’t do:
1. Sew or knit
2. Think on my feet. I need time to digest information and then respond. This makes it very hard for me to win any arguments or debates. My friends know they just have to bear with me and I'll get back to them in a few days.
3. Back handspring
4. Play video games (I'm talking about the ones on PS2, XBOX, etc.). I ROCK at Galaga, though.
5. Teach my children (meaning homeschool)--it's way too overwhelming for me to think about that.
6. Paint
7. Sing

Seven things that attract me to another person:
(I'm going to interpret this as "What do I look for in other people of either sex", not "What am I attracted to in the opposite sex".)
1. The most important thing is a sense of humor. If you make me laugh, you're in.
2. Having an open mind even if your ideologies differ significantly from my own. As long as we can discuss intelligently and give and take, you're in.
3. An interesting personality. You can be surly like me, but if you're surly and QUIRKY you're most likely in.
4. Kindness
5. Generosity
6. And have I said humor? I don't care. It's paramount.
7. OK, OK, something that attracts me to the opposite sex is hands. Take Johnny Depp for example. Ahhhh. You just know those hands know the right thing to do.

Seven things I say most often:
1. It's all good.
2. That's hilarious.
3. Hey! (as in, Hey! Stop that!, Hey! Cut it out!, Hey! Don't cut your sister's hair!)
4. I know. (Example: someone says to me, "Did you see that crazy guy?" I say, "I know! He was hilarious.")
5. Get out! (As in Get out of town! Are you serious?)
6. I love you.
7. Be good mom, not a perfect mom. I say this to myself all the time to remind me that I just need to do the best I can. And I know whether it's my best or not. It's a condensed version of a quote by Jill Churchill: The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Keegon said...

Sorry, I forgot to mention how I came across your blog. All I did was click "next blog" at the top right of the screen. That little feature gives you a random blog and it's a cool way of looking at what other people are doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home