Saturday, December 31, 2005

What's a meme? Who cares? I'll play!

My good friend Brooke just tagged me for a meme. I'm so excited! She is the one who encouraged me to start blogging again. She's also the only person I've ever told where to find my blog. Knowing that people are reading my blog is so liberating! So thank you to Brooke for everything!


1. First song you remember hearing on the radio as a child-- Wow. That's a good one. I think I remember my dad listening to football and that announcer who always said, "JIMMmmmINY CHRISTMAS!"

2. First album you remember listening to as a child-- Jesus Christ Superstar and The Eagles--both on 8-track. We also had several Jim Croce albums. At that time my dad looked exactly like Jim Croce and no amount of denial from my dad could make my brother and me believe it wasn't him on the cover.

3. Album that takes you back to junior high-- Billy Squier's Don't Say No and Van Halen's 1984.

4. Most played album in high school-- The Call's Let the Day Begin, Guns N Roses Welcome to the Jungle, and INXS' Kick. We also listened to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack quite a bit.

5. Favorite album in college-- We listened to AC/DC's Back in Black, 10,000 Maniacs, Indigo Girls, and some country: Garth Brooks, Randy Travis, Clint Black. As Brooke says, it was somewhat obligatory at the schools we went to. And here's something you can hold over my head: I really liked the song Ice, Ice, Baby by none other than that top-shelf singer Vanilla Ice.

6. Song that reminds you of what it was like to feel cool-- Practically anything from the 80s. No matter what I was listening to, if I was driving in my car and laughing with friends, I felt cool. :D

7. Favorite albums to road trip with-- Now that we have SIRIUS I hardly listen to my CDs. But life before SIRIUS had a lot of Killers, Garbage, 80s music, etc. Of course, I had to plug in the DVD player for the kids before I could listen to some of it.

8. Best relationship angst album or any other albums worthy of mention-- OMG! Chicago, Air Supply and REO Speedwagon were played so much at parties they still make me gag. But I do really like Peter Gabriel's So album; in particular his song In Your Eyes. I also still like Modern English's Melt with You (from the ever popular but often overlooked film Valley Girl with a young Nic Cage). Finally, Naked Eyes with Always Something There to Remind Me.

9. Your personal soundtrack today includes-- Still as eclectic as ever: The Killers, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Goo Goo Dolls, Beach Boys, and Enya.

10. So if this is your personal soundtrack, what's the plot of the movie in 50 words or less-- This one time? At band camp? :D

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That was funny. :)

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

I still listen to the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack quite a bit....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home