Sunday, January 01, 2006

In order to have a happy new year...

isn't it somewhat good to be healthy? I have celebrated today by staying in bed and running to the bathroom every ten minutes. Trust me, that's NOT too much information, it could have been much worse. Oh, sorry. THAT might have been too much info, though.

At first I was thinking hangover. Last night I mixed wine and mudslides (but not at once ) and then had a few sips of champagne. Not smart, but they all tasted so gooood and we were with great friends being silly and laughing til our sides hurt while eating great food. When I woke up I was prepared for the aftermath. However, I've come to realize this is NOT a hangover. I have no headache, I'm not dehydrated. I AM tingly, slightly feverish, and a few other symptoms that come to mind that I won't share, but the biggest clue is that nothing is going away. My whole family (except DH) has been having the first wave of this and I think it was just my time. Man do I hate being sick!

I almost starting going on and on, but I realized I'm whining and no one cares. :D

One thing I did this morning was watch movies:

  • The Brothers Grimm: You know what? I like ol' Matty, but this movie was horrible. What made it even worse was that the story was interesting, but just horribly executed. Heath Ledger's part was too small and not developed. If you're bored, fine. If you're looking for a good movie, skip it.
  • The Machinist: This was a pretty good psychological thriller. However, without trying to give too much away POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT if you've seen Fight Club with Ed Norton and Brad Pitt, you've pretty much seen this movie. It's the same but different. Not a complete waste of time. I rated it 3 stars on Netflix. If you're in to psychological thrillers you should check out Butterfly Effect instead. Ashton Kutcher aside, that film is great! Five stars great.
  • Urban Legends: Final Cut: One of my guiltiest of guilty pleasures is watching really poor B and D movies on TV. Today I found one such film. It was everything you'd think: everyone was alone at weird times, you couldn't figure out why they'd make so much noise running and hiding, ridiculous premise, etc. The one thing I will say is that the actual killer surprised me. It shouldn't have, but it did. Score one for the B movie.


If I can't get to sleep soon (I'm soooo tired, but I can't sleep because my stomach hurts so badly) I'm going to pop in my Thin Man DVDs. Man do I love Nick and Nora. Almost as much as I love the Twilight Zone.



Well to those of you up for it, Happy New Year. Let's make it the best it can be. That doesn't mean it has to be perfect (where's the fun in that?!?), but let's make it as great as we can. I wish you all much laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home