Friday, January 06, 2006

A Really Great Day

Thursday was a really great day for me. It didn't start out that way, though. I barely dragged my sorry self out of bed, made bowls of cereal for my kids, then counted the minutes until the school bus would come so I could crawl back under the sheets. Then I remembered I had a playdate (for me and for my dd) with my friend Brooke. So I stepped into the shower, turned on the water, and promptly laid down on the floor of the tub and let the water run over me. (It's tricky to get just the right angle so water doesn't go up your nose.) After the shower I was a new woman.

I spent the day at Brooke's fooling around with our blogs. We are trying to figure out how to customize our templates and we're probably stealing code from YOU. Actually, so many of you have great looking blogs that we are just trying out your code to see how we can modify it. Why re-invent the wheel? I had so much fun talking and spending time with Brooke. She is one funny gal.

Anyway...the kids played well, Brooke made me lunch and served me the most delicious pear pie ever. That was truly a slice of paradise. Then it was home to meet and greet my son from school. He arrived home in a fantastic mood. To truly appreciate this you must realize that there are many days when I just want to lock him in his room and throw raw meat in for a snack--he can be that beastly. But yesterday he was in a great mood. He did his homework before dinner and did not fight with his sister. He sat and talked to me while I folded laundry. It was so nice!

Then we went to Pei Wei for dinner and the kids ate everything! They thanked us for taking them and said how much they loved it! Hello? Who are you and what have you done with my children?

Then I went to the gym with a friend and had good conversation--well, she talked, I grunted in response.

I went to bed thinking what a great life I have: a wonderful family, great friends. Who could ask for more?

3 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Keegon said...

You had a play date with your dd? Designated driver?

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Keegon said...

...didn't finish comment, sorry. Good read though, customizing blogs is more html than anything else. Looks like you got it down pretty well though.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Heth said...

I love the bit about locking him in his room and throwing is some meat. What a great idea. lol.

Html gives me a headache. I leave all that up to my husband, the techno-wizard.

Glad you had a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home