Friday, January 06, 2006

I'm not old. Am I? No. I'm not. Am I? Nah. Couldn't be. Right?

I want to start this particular entry by saying that I am not poking fun or being sarcastic or anything else rude and hateful. I found the situation below humorous and I just want to share it with you.

I recently had a comment from a guy named Hayduke. He was commenting on my post "A Really Great Day" where I mention that my dd and I have a playdate. He was asking me if dd meant "designated driver". Hayduke is a high school senior. The thing is I could totally relate. If I were in his shoes I would think DD was a designated driver too. Of course, as a 30-something stay-at-home mom I meant "dear daughter". No matter how young I think I am, something like this slaps me upside the head to show me that it can't be more obvious that I'm getting older. Even the acronyms/shorthand are changing as I "mature". LOL!

2 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Heth said...

Regarding your comment over at my site...

Link away. Do you mind if I link you?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Keegon said...

You didn't have to put the advisory on the beginning of your blog. I'm not going to get mad that someone mentioned me and even linked to my page! Thank you by the way. Kids seem exciting, (especially when they're your own) But seeing how my teammate has one and how time consuming they are, I don't think I would want any for maybe 40, 50, even 60 years. I'll let my older brother do the kid thing and if he says it's cool, then I'll give it a shot. (Assuming I have a loving wife, place to live, a little money, etc, of course.)

thanks again for the link.
-Hayduke.

ps. I'm only kidding of course, I just wanted to point out that I'm not interested in little Hayduke's running around. Your post about DD just brought the thought to my head and I had to write about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home