Sunday, January 08, 2006

And the Blog-A-Thon Continues

I have blogged so much today even I can't believe it. I guess I'm definitely back in my groove. I feel like I have so many things to say and not enough time to say them. I need to pace myself. But before I do that, let me share with you my munchkin's request. Munchkin is 5 going on 21. Am I scared? You betcha.

This summer we were on the swing out back and she turns to me and we have the following conversation just as serious as you please:

Munchkin: Mom, you know those kids on TV?
Me: Which ones?
Munchkin: You know. The ones who sell stuff.
Me: You mean on commercials?
Munchkin: Yes. Mom, I want to do that. I know I could do that. I'd be good.

And let me tell you, she is QUITE the performer. Put a camera on that girl and she's all over it. Over Christmas she asked us to make up t-shirts with her picture on them so she could sell them at her shows. She also informed us that, if time allowed, she would be happy to sign autographs. Today she declared that she's GOING to be in movies.

My initial reaction is not no way, not no how. My husband, my son, and I are all introverts. Munchkin is most definitely NOT. I don't have any desire to be the mom that pushes her child into show biz or whatever. However, if I look at it more objectively, it's not me that's doing the pushing. Maybe the least I can do is look into what's involved and what opportunities are around town. As the adult I could have final say, right? So that is my challenge for this week. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Heth said...

She sounds adorable!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Randi said...

Your actress-to-be sounds like a sweetie! Maybe she could be in a play?

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I am in love with the quote on the top of your blog. In. Love.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Ortensia Norton said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. I love your mantra. I need to start using it.

I'd love to see your daughter perform. Children like your daughter crack me up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home