Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Darn this OCD

OK, I'm forcing myself to step away from the blog. It's all I can think about. I think about what I will write. I think about what I won't write. When I'm out driving I see things and think I need to blog about them. The most heinous of all blog obsessions for me, though, is the need to customize my template. It is killing me.

I used to design and code web pages for a living. That was about 10 or 11 years ago before WYSIWYG editors, CSS, XML, etc. I'm a little behind the times. I have looked and looked and looked at code. I have been going line by line, comparing my template code to customized code. I think I almost have it. Then I don't.

Can someone please tell me how to make my banner customized? I have made the graphic, but I still have to have title from my setting page. These are the kinds of banners I mean:
  • Half Pint House
  • Soule Mama

    Normally it would be against everything I am to ask for help. However, I am neglecting my family and housework to sit and contemplate my blog design. So in the name of my children and my stinky laundry: Please help me.

  • 7 Comments:

    At 7:54 AM, Blogger Heth said...

    I think they use photoshop. I wish I had it and knew how to use it. I'm totallly jealous of customized headers. Wahhhhh.

     
    At 10:20 AM, Blogger Heth said...

    LOL Shannon. I want to mooch too! Wahhhh!

     
    At 12:45 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

    Actually, ladies, I own both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. I used PS Elements to make the graphic at the top on my banner. I've also bookmarked some template tutorials to look at later this evening. I'll only charge you two $100 for my expertise. ;) Just kidding.

     
    At 8:17 PM, Blogger Heth said...

    You mean your name isn't really Chilihead? :)

     
    At 10:24 PM, Blogger Pam said...

    If you get it figured out, let me know. That's part of why I am up 'til the wee hours of the morning. It is boggling my wee little mind and reminding me once again that I am a silly old bear stuffed with fluff : )

     
    At 6:37 AM, Blogger Randi said...

    Best of luck! Personally, I like what you have going right now! The quote is great!

     
    At 6:28 AM, Blogger Leila M. said...

    what exactly is the problem? Finding the part of the code to insert the pic in, or hosting it or?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home