Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oldies but Goodies and a Random Link for Me

I am linking to some of my very first posts. I'm linking to these because I wrote them before I ever let anyone even know I was blogging. I had my own little private blog. At least I assumed I did--I didn't have a site meter or anything and I couldn't imagine anyone stumbling across me on accident or even on purpose. So I give you these two entries because they are two of my favorites.

Movie Lines

and

What's Your Management Style?

They are the main reason I stopped blogging before Shannon encouraged me to start again. They are funny entries to me. I can't always be that funny. I can be funny in person, but I'm not always funny on paper (or web, as it were). So I stopped even trying. I wasn't inspired to be funny all the time and I couldn't always explain the humor I saw in a situation. Thanks to Shannon and the rest of you for just reading the blog. It's made a real difference to me to know that people come here and check out what I've been writing. It's quite liberating, actually. So thanks! And let me know what you think about the above posts.

And on a totally DIFFERENT topic: I show up in a Google search! How funny is that! Apparently someone googled " matt lauer a million little pieces" and I showed up as the 8th entry (under my former blog name Stuff I'm Thinkin' About). You can see it here. I'm sure this isn't a big deal to most of you, but like I said, I'm amazed who can find you.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger Heth said...

I love your blog. You totally crack me up. I think it was your post about Tom Cruise being Freaky Mc Freak of the year that got me hooked.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

What a great idea! You know, they do tattoos in town now. Wanna go with me tomorrow?

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your blog on Blog Oklahoma, read the first post, laughed out loud. That's always a good sign!

I can relate to the pressure to always have your sense of humor "on". I blogged for about seven months in that mode, and it wore me out to the point that I stepped away for two years. Now that I'm on my second go-round, I like to thing I'm not so much "performing" as "exploring," not worrying so much if I'm being funny or not. You're right - it's liberating. It also makes the funny stuff even more so because I'm not forcing it anymore.

Good luck to you - I'll be reading you with interest (although if you do another one like "Management Style" I might choke to death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home