Thursday, June 24, 2004

Movie Lines

I've been thinking about movie lines that have defined how we interact with each other. In my family growing up and even now we use lines from different movies to convey what we mean--usually for humor emphasis. Here are some of the ones we use frequently.

Sixteen Candles: "No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
Better Off Dead: "I want my two dollars!"
Cats and Dogs: "Not Good!"
Jurassic Park: "Unix. I know this!"
Meatballs: "Spaz! Spaz! Spaz! Spaz!" (whispered in an encouraging way)
Raising Arizona: "If'n you think circular is funny."
"Son, you have a panty on your head."
"Turn the right!"

My brother recently used a line from Jaws as his wife (who is 8 months pregnant) got into her car. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." :D Love that.

I know there are more because this is the main way my brother and I communicate. However, I'm having trouble remembering them right now. If you think of some, let me know. I'd be interested to know which ones others use.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Of course, having watched Napoleon Dynamite we now have a million of those little one-liners too.

"Can you bring me my chapstick? But my lips hurt real bad!"

I usually say this one to Bill when he asks what's for dinner:
"Just fix yerself a darn quesadila." (Pronounced case-a-dill-a)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Heth said...

We talk about case-a-dilla's at supper time around here too.

I hate to admit it, but Napoleon brought on a lot of under the breath "idiot"s from my kids. Who knew he was such a bad influence?

I can't think of any other ones right now, but we use movie lines ALOT, but I'm totally drawing a blank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home