Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Death by Krispy Kreme

I'm having a little trouble with the whole birthday week. More precisely I'm having 1.4 lbs (and climbing) of problems with the birthday week. My birthday, as I've been shamelessly blogging about since last week, and my son's are just three days apart. We started celebrating on Thursday (which was two whole days BEFORE my birthday). I've had everything from beef wellington to chocolate lava cake to carrot cake to mexican food. Today, though, has been the kicker. My son really wanted to take Krispy Kreme donuts to school for his birthday. I only had one for breakfast and then went and worked out. Then Munchkin and I made those darn cake cones and I had to sample those. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't support my Munchkin in her domestic ways? Don't answer that; it's an entirely separate blog. Anyway, my son just arrived home from school and was toting one dozen Krispy Kreme donuts with him. Apparently the teachers didn't want theirs. I've had two Krispy Kreme donuts so far and the only thing that's keeping me from eating them all is blogging.

I started out OK, but I'm on a very slippery slope. I'm gonna be Alfred Molina's Comte De Reynaud character in Chocolat on Easter Sunday. Remember him all splayed out in the window with chocolate everywhere? Or perhaps I'll just be Augustus Gloop and take a header into the Krispy Kreme stream. Ah sweet, sweet Krispy Kreme icing. There are some days when I think Oprah hit it on the head when she said, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Today is not one of those days.
 Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Heth from Under the Laundry Pile actually posted this earlier, but I messed up my posting.

My philosophy on Krispy Kremes:

"Ignorance is bliss."

I don't WANT to know how many calories or grams of fat are in one of those bad boys, because the I would have to be responsible. So don't look at the numbers and go eat another one, for me.

4:54 PM

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Krispy Kremes were created by Satan. It is useless to resist them.

My dad's birthday and mine are two days apart. Long live the birthday week!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hi just came by your site via Under the Laundry Pile. Not the actual pile, although somedays that would be pretty accurate. I will be stopping in again, you have a great sense of humor.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

It's so hard to believe that quote when the chocolate and Kremes are flowing like milk and honey.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
The only coping mechanism I had to fall back on when my son was in the hospital this weekend was eating...I gained about 2 lbs.
My dad brought me a 1/2 dozen doughnuts--and I was doing okay and only ate one--until my son woke up to nurse at midnight--I think I may have eaten about 3 more at that point--it's all a little blurry right now.
Skinny don't get ya through midnight feedings in the pediatric ward with your infant--but doughnuts at least make a solid effort. There are still a few things that Oprah does not know about.
Thanks for the laugh.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Goslyn said...

I LOVE KRISPY KREMES. Eat a few for me. I cannot eat just one. They are tiny and addictive. In fact, they should probably become a controlled substance. Then you could get arrested for carrying around a dozen of them, charged with "attempting to eat."

Ha.

Long live the birthday week!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

For the record an original glazed donut is 5 pts on WW. When you're only getting 25 pts a day, those add up! ;)

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Natalie Joy said...

I feel your pain. I have steadily gained some weight in the last couple months. The clothes are getting tighter and my face looks funny in the mirror. THROW them AWAY!!! You can do it. OR, Do like the French and just eat three bites. Yeah, right. Throw em. Good luck.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ortensia Norton said...

I LOVE Krispy Kreme. Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home