Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday #2

For my second ever Self-Portrait Tuesday I offer you my husband me in party dress. Well, I'm in a dress. My husband and I were invited to attend a fundraiser on Saturday. Here we are in all our glory before the big shin-dig. Never fear, though, the answer to the T/F Meme will be revealed Wednesday.

We met three other couples at the fundraiser that we regularly hang with and we had a fantastic time. The theme was Mardi Gras. We had gumbo, etouffee, bread pudding, margaritas, and cosmos--funny, we didn't ever get around to trying the Hurricanes, go figure. We also never got around to dancing, which is probably a good thing. My husband is a hopelessly "white" dancer (overbite and all) and I'm hopelessly Elaine from Seinfeld. Together we make other people point and laugh out loud. Of course, given that most of the people there were ridiculously drunk--did I mention the theme was Mardi Gras?--I don't think it would have mattered whether we danced or not.

When I say people were ridiculously drunk I'm not overstating it. By the time we left there were three ladies in their late 50s/early 60s standing on a platform that was meant to look like the apartment verandahs on Bourbon Street. These ladies were tossing beads to people below. And by "tossing beads to people below" I mean chucking them very hard at unsuspecting patrons who were doing nothing more than drinking their Hurricanes. One minute you're having a nice conversation with someone, enjoying your drink, the next a fish necklace hits you right in the kisser. Hey! Thanks! More beads! And as a bonus, a slight concussion! You rock! Happy Mardi Gras to you!

Here I am with all my beads after the par-tay:
mardi gras 002


Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see which lie is true.

No, we did not wear the glasses to the Mardi Gras function; they are simply to protect our super hero identities.

BTW, if you're visiting from One Woman's World, please read these two posts before you vote:

1. The Seedy Underbelly of Blog Addiction
2. What's Your Management Style?

Not everything I write is funny, but those are the best I have. Thanks for stopping by! Even if you don't vote for me, would you mind leaving a comment? I love to meet new bloggers!

10 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Pam said...

Love the cute, curly hair do. Bet your kids loved all the beads. Mine always love Mardi Gras. Glad to see you weren't physically injured by the "chucking". My vote's in your corner, and I keep coming back for more : ).

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

Thanks, Peach! I appreciate it! Glad you're here.

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girrrl, you need to pluck those eyebrows!!

;)

Beautiful dress! But...how are you supposed to attract all the crazy stalkers if they can't see your face?

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO way...they *really* served Hurricanes? Um, is that a bit...tacky???

Did you make the society page?

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger megz_mum said...

Hi! You have a very co-operative (though Hairy!) hubby - matching eyebrows and moustaches not to mention the glasses is real togetherness. I enjoy reading your blog, hope you do well in the voting.

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read this blog I have only one thing to say... Anything said about "my brother" is absolutely not true. Well, most of it. Okay, some of it may be true. Well, if you are going ot push, it is all true. But she instigated everything.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Heth said...

You two are looking mighty nice there Chili. Don't you just love a fancy-pants party?!

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, visiting through One Woman's World (I think I commented here before but my memory is terrible.) I like your blog, I'll be coming back!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Dixie said...

I'm visiting her for the first time as well. Glad I found your blog!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! The brother comments! It's the Chilibrother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home