Thursday, February 23, 2006

Taking a Break to Celebrate

I am driving my kids to Iowa tomorrow and we will be gone until at least Sunday. We are travelling to Iowa to help celebrate my grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary. Sixty years! How wonderful. During those years they had nine children (though one, their first--Linda, only lived a few days). Now they have 22 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. What a legacy; it's certainly worth celebrating.

I am going to take this time with my family to stay completely away from my computer. I'm not even going to take the laptop with me or check my site at someone else's computer. For some time now I have not been happy with how my blog is going. I'm not pleased with my writing or my subjects. I am putting pressure on myself to be funny and we all know how that turns out: the more you try, the less it is. By taking a break, I hope that when I return next week I will be able to reset myself and come back with a renewed energy. I may or may not be funny. Brace yourselves.

9 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Have a wonderful time!! I grew up in Nebraska/ Iowa. Say hello to the midwest for me. And most importantly, take some time to rest!!

As far as how you're writing when you return, I will be here regardless!! I will be looking forward to having you back!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger WarriorWife said...

What a reason to celebrate. That's awesome. Have a great time, and write all about Iowa when you get back. Can't say as I've ever been there.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh!

While you deserve the time away, I'm officially pouting. Come back soon - you're full of funny, you just don't realize it.

(Please note I said full of funny...not something else.)

Be safe. Good luck with that 'no laptop' thing. You're a stronger woman than I am!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

Have fun with the trip. And good luck with no computer. I would so be for breaking that in the first day.

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Chilihead, you are SO funny. And not in a "laughing at you sort of way" but in a good and encouraging "life is too short not to laugh" sort of way. The best kind.

Have a good trip, and be safe.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Pam said...

We'll look forward to the stories from Iowa. Have a great time, and enjoy the freedom from self-imposed blog pressure. I know what you're sayin'. I'll check in on you when you get back!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Heth said...

You are coming to Iowa in the winter and there is no corn to be seen. We have nothing to offer you, corn is all we've got!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you through des mamans, and I'm so glad I did! I'll be back when I have more time to read your previous posts.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this link on CityMama and thought about you. Take a look when you get home. Funny shtuff! ;)

Blog Depression

 

Post a Comment

<< Home